1.29.2012

My Freedom Journey (Part One) - New Nature

Jesus paid it ALL. Nothing is still owed.
Sin had left a crimson stain. He washed it white as snow!

I owe nothing more. The debt has been paid.
I do not have a sinful nature. It's been placed in the grave.
My new nature is Christ's - love, joy, peace, patience
Kindness and goodness, faithfulness and temperance.
I'm still embodied in flesh, so sin crouches at my door.
But sin is not who I am. I'm that person no more!
At times I choose to believe the lies of the devil,
I'm saddened to know I've been deceived by evil.
But I'm no longer guilty. Righteousness is my coat.
Not of works that I've done, it's in Christ that I boast.
I am most me when I'm doing good deeds.
Because that's who Christ is, living in me.
I am completely and fully 100% saint.
Don't call me a sinner, cuz I 100% ain't!
My old nature was crucified with Christ on the tree.
Raised to walk in newness of life. I am now free.

No comments:

Post a Comment